As skin is the outer covering of the body & the largest organ its more important to know about the type & take care of it accordingly. Individual Skin needs are different as per their types.
The Skin is composed of Water, Protein, and Fat. The most commonly known Protein in the skin are Collagen and Keratin. Within the very outermost layer of skin, also known as the Stratum Corneum or skin barrier, skin cells are made up of Protein that can be easily damaged by harsh cleansing.
DRY SKIN: A feeling of skin tightness, especially after showering, bathing or swimming. Skin that feels and looks rough, Itchy, slight to severe flaking, scaling or peeling.
DRY SKIN CARE:
- Drink plenty of water every day.
- Apply sunscreen before exposing your face to direct sunlight.
- Wash your face with lukewarm or cool water with mild DERMAL cleansers.
- Use Sleeping Packs while sleeping.
- Moisturize more frequently when the weather is dry.
OILY SKIN: Oily skin is the result of excess sebum production, which can be caused by hormonal fluctuations and influenced by genetics. Those with 0ily skin should still use moisturizer, as drying out the skin can signal the oil glands to produce even more sebum. Although oily skin can clog pores and lead to increased acne breakouts, oily skin also has many benefits. Oil helps preserve the skin, and people with oily skin tend to have thicker skin and fewer wrinkles
- Wash your face every morning, evening, and after exercise.
- Choose skin care products that are labeled “oil free” and “noncomedogenic.”
- Use a gentle, foaming DERMAL face wash.
- Apply gel base moisturizer daily.
- Wear sunscreen outdoors.
- Choose oil-free, water-based makeup.
- Use facial mask to reduce sebum production & pore cleaning.
SENSITIVE SKIN : If Skin feels tight and uncomfortable sometimes sore or sensitive to touch, has patches of redness that may or may not fade, get areas of uneven texture, with dryness and flakiness. Skin reacts to skincare becomes itchy or develops a rash after contact with irritants & turns red and dries out after a hot shower or bath
Sensitive skin is caused by nerve endings in the top layer of skin becoming irritated. This occurs because your skin’s natural barrier function is weakened and has broken down due to a trigger. Common causes of sensitive skin can include-
• Sun exposure
• Exposure to air pollution
• Frequent changes in temperature
• Cold, harsh weather
• Hard water (water with higher mineral content)
• Very hot water
• Lack of sleep
• Hormonal changes during your menstrual cycle or pregnancy
• Stress and late nights
• Chlorine in swimming pools
• Dry skin
SENSITIVE SKIN CARE:
If you have skin allergies or sensitivity, you’ll need to take great care over the products you use in your skincare routine. Our Yeppen Skin Cicaless Solution range is specifically formulated for even the most sensitive and reactive skin, and is proven to reduce sensitivity day after day. It’s formulated using mild ingredients safe for skin and is 100% hypoallergenic.